Monday, April 15, 2013

Its Been a Year

Well, a quiet night and so I thought I would write a quick note:

One year ago tomorrow mine and Ethans world was tossed upside down by one single email.

At the time I had no idea what we were going to do. A week before we were supposed to move into our new house and start the new leg in our lives, and now all of a sudden we were moving to a big house all by ourselves. So much uncertainty and shock and a total colapse of all things that we thought were right.

Found a job in May, and ended my maternity leave early so that I could support my little boy and make sure he was taken care of. Left that job in September and started commuting to Toronto again for more money, and ability to hopefully keep the house.

Fast forward a few months and things were adjusting fairly well. I had moved forward with my life as a completely single mom, and I think I was doing a fantastic job; no time to wonder what could be fixed, just time to move forward for the best future for Ethan. Lonely some days, but over all, easily manageable.

Fast forward some more, and we hit Christmas. 8 months since the separation and we are well adjusted. Dad is finally starting to take an interest in Ethan and we set up a schedule of every other weekend visitation.

New Years, well, what can I say ... BEST EVER!!! The start of a new year, a new beginning and a new amazing relationship.

And then here we are now ... 1 year post separation. The year has absolutely flown by. Absolutely nothing has been resolved regarding the separation other then a partial visitation schedule which is only followed 1/2 the time, but we are working towards resolution on these things.

Ethan is doing amazing. He is learning so much, and is growing way to quickly. Less then 2 months from now he is going to be 2 years old .... wow....
Each day learning new things, and picking up new words. He has become a parrot and enjoys mimicking what others around him do.
He has a great new relationship with Chris, and his 2 kids, Chloe and Chase and he is always so excited to see them when they come home.

Me .... well ... couldn't be happier. Everything in life happens for a reason, and this is the best possible thing that could have ever happened. Looking back, the best thing to come of my marriage was the birth of my amazing young boy. He has kept me positive on negative days, and he pushed me to move forward with my life in the early weeks of the separation. His smile, his laugh and his hugs make everything else in this world disappear.

And then there is the new additions to my life: Chris, Chloe, Chase and Pepper. We have become our own little family and everyone is adjusting in such amazing ways. Chris is the one I have searched for and always desired. He is my soul mate, and we have an absolutely amazing future ahead of us. So many things to do as a couple and as a family; camping, roller coasters, walks, exploring, sports, enjoying each others company, talking, laughing, and just enjoying life as a whole.

So, to wrap it all up, I would have never guessed at this time last year that I would be where I am today, but I am very happy to be where we are.




No comments:

Post a Comment