Thursday, October 6, 2011

About James and I

So lets start with a bit of history about who we are and how we got to where we are now!!!

James and I met on Plenty of Fish in January 2009. We were then married in October 2010, and Ethan was born in June 2011.

When I met James, I was in the process of filing for my divorce from my first husband of 5 years, but had been separated for over a year. I was not really sure if I wanted anything serious as far as a relationship, and didn't expect anything to really come of our meeting. 

Our first date was actually amazing. We spoke on MSN on the Saturday for pretty much the entire day. Me being me decided to see what James was doing the next day and see if he wanted to actually meet face to face since we had hit it off pretty well on MSN. We seemed to have a lot of the same views on different things, and we had tons to talk about, so why not right? Well, James was quite apprehensive to the meeting as he was more of a home body, and one who typically talks to someone for quite some time before meeting. So, when we signed off MSN that night there was no actual plans for the next day other then that we would talk once we both woke up.

So Sunday morning came, and James finally signed on to MSN (yes I was up early and waiting ... lol). We talked for a short time again, and I brought up the idea of once again meeting for lunch and well, he agreed.

I was going to pick him up at 2 pm and we would go for lunch and then go from there! Well, we went for lunch, then we went bowling, then we went to play pool, then we went back to his place for a while, then we went out for wings and a drink, then back to his place to watch a movie. I finally left his house at 5 am on Monday morning, so I could quickly maybe grab an hours sleep before needing to be at work for 8:30! 

Needless to say, it was a pretty successful date. We both had a great time and really hit it off. So, we decided that we would give things a shot and well, it all turned out amazing.

We were engaged 9 months later, and married in October 2010. And now we have our first child who is the light of our lives. 


No comments:

Post a Comment